24 Hour, emergency accommodation and women’s shelters in Perth

  • Ask Izzy – complete resource of all options available across Perth. This is an online questionnaire that will help guide you to the best service for your situation.
  • Entrypoint Perth: 1800 124 684
  • Women’s Domestic Violence Helpline: 1800 199 008
  • Safe Steps: 1800 015 188. This is an online resource that will help guide you to the most appropriate services.
  • Salvation Army: 13 72 58
  • Womensline (DV Connect): 1800 811 811

Emergency accommodation for WA women and children who are in danger of violence

  • Kira House (Midland Area) – 24 Hour Access line: 0408 895 613
  • Pat Thomas House: 9535 4775 (Women over 18, children 16+, boys up to the age of 18)
  • Lucy Saw Women’s Refuge Centre (Rockingham): 9527 6872 (Women of any age, boys up to the age of 14)
  • Rebecca West House (Joondalup area): 9562 3811 (Women of any age, boys up to the age of 18)
  • Mary Smith: 9458 1107 (Women of any age, boys up to the age of 18)

Business Hours Emergency Housing and Women’s Shelters Perth

In addition to 24 hour women’s shelters, these services provide crisis accommodation for women and their children.  These organisations may be able to help you to find women’s or family accommodation while you transition to longer term accommodations.

  • Crisis Care: 9223 1111 (Vacancies are updated twice daily.)
  • Salvation Army: 13 72 58
  • Patricia Giles Centre: 9223 1111 (The Rebecca West House provides crisis accommodation to women and their children. The Patricia Giles Centre also offers childcare between 9am to 4:30pm as well as after school activities.)
  • Zonta House: 9364 8028 (Zonta House offers accommodation for women who are over 18 but do not have children with them.)
  • Women’s Council for Domestic and Family Violence Services: 9420 7264
  • Ellenbrook Family Support Service: 9374 0747
  • Kira House (Midland Area): 6274 3684
  • Starick House: 9398 5080
  • Stirling: 9205 7375
  • Byanda: 9328 7284 (For women over the age of 25 with children (boys no older than 10) or single women)
  • Warrawee (Freemantle Area): 9335 7977
  • Orana House: 9370 4544

Medium and Long-Term Women’s Housing Perth

Apply for medium and long term housing assistance or get help with resources for finding a safe place to start your recovery from domestic violence.

  • Patricia Giles Centre (assistance offered for up to 12 months)
  • Zonta House
  • Harmony Place: 9227 6616
  • St Bartholomew’s House: 9323 5100
  • Nardine Wimmin’s Refuge: 9480 3628

Before You Leave – Domestic Violence Safety Plan

Women in Western Australia can easily access many resources designed to help them leave domestic relationships. There are many agencies (listed above) who want to help you, and your children, live a safer and happier life.  If you’re not out yet, these organisations can help you make a safe leaving plan.  You can make preparations to leave that will help you to land on your feet once free of danger. Do any of these statements sound familiar to you? If you are concerned about your family’s safety, forming a domestic violence safety plan is the right thing to do.

  • I’m worried for my safety if I leave
  • I don’t have friends and family to support me
  • I’m worried about how this will affect my children
  • He always says sorry afterwards
  • If I leave, I will lose all “our friends” or “our community”
  • I have no money to leave
  • What if he tries to take our children?

It is vital to remember that you are not alone and that there are many people who want to help you. Lean on these organisations to assist you and your family make your escape. Do not feel ashamed or reluctant to call – they are waiting to hear from you.