THANK-YOU for hosting a DIY DigniTEA event to raise funds to provide sanitary items for women living in homelessness, domestic violence and other difficult situations.
The money that is raised from your DIY DigniTEA event will ensure that no woman will have to choose between buying pads and buying food. None of what we do happens without the support of people like you!
Hosting a DIY DigniTEA event really is a piece of cake! Just follow our simple steps to get you started!
1. Register your Event!
Register your DIY DigniTEA with us, and we will get you started by sending you a fundraising pack with all the tools you will need to help you with your big event! We will also create your very own fundraising page on our website that you will be able to personalise as much as you like!
2. Make a DIY DigniTEA Plan!
Any successful event needs a plan! Start by deciding on where you are going to hold your DIY DigniTEA – maybe your house? Workplace? Or perhaps your local café? You might even want to think about a theme for your event? Then create a guest list, this way you can not only ensure no one misses out but you can keep track of how many people you will need to cater for! Now to create a menu for your DIY DigniTEA. We have loads of yummy recipes and helpful downloads to get you started!
3. Spread the Word!
You can start spreading the word so quickly and easily by creating a DIY DigniTEA Facebook event and invite all your guests to it! Make sure you share the event around so everyone can RSVP straight away. If someone can’t make the event, don’t forget to tell them about your online fundraising page to see if they can help in other ways! You can also spread the word around your community or workplace about your event with our poster/flyer template.
4. Start Fundraising!
Think about how you want to fundraise. A raffle maybe or a donation tin at your event! Don’t forget to tell them about your fundraising page, you can make your page uniquely yours by telling people why you are holding your own DIY DigniTEA and maybe a little about what Share the Dignity means to you.
If you need any help with your DIY DigniTEA don’t forget to reach out to one of our DIYDigniTEA Sheros, they have so many great ideas and tips and will be there every step of the way to give you a helping hand.
During your DIYDigniTEA Event
- Encourage your friends to make a donation by displaying a donation box or tin, you can use the info sheet that shows people exactly how their donation is helping.
- For those who weren’t able to make a donation on the day ask them to make a donation via your website. You can use the donation cards found in your pack.
- You could contact a local business and ask for a donation that you could raffle off.
Relax with tea, coffee maybe bubbles and enjoy your event!
After your DIYDignitea Event
- Send an email to anyone who wasn’t able to attend your brunch and encourage them to make a donation to your online fundraising page to help homeless women and victims of domestic violence.
- Don’t forget to bank your funds. All the info you need will be included in your Tea Pack or you can contact your DIYDignitea Shero for all the details.
- Send out a Thank You note to anyone who attended or donated online, let them know how much you raised and maybe even share photos from the day!