Rochelle Courtenay is an accidental social entrepreneur. She is the Founder and CEO of Share the Dignity, an Australian not-for-profit organisation supporting at risk and vulnerable woman.
Share the Dignity was founded after Rochelle read about the indignity and suffering of homeless women, and women escaping domestic violence during their periods. That Mamma Mia news article changed not only Rochelle’s life, but brought dignity and a sense of self-worth to thousands women across Australia. What started as a small, local collection of pads and tampons to donate to a shelter in Rochelle’s neighbourhood became a national movement due to the endless demand.
The stories Rochelle has to share are raw and heart wrenching, but her sensitivity warmth and passion for the cause makes her one of the most engaging speakers you will find in Australia. Her humble, no nonsense approach to finding solutions for some of the most confronting issues in our society leave her audience inspired and motivated to make change. Her motivation isn’t just to help the sometimes forgotten vulnerable women of Australia, but to demonstrate to her daughters that anyone can be part of the solution, and that a little compassion goes a very long way.
When Rochelle isn’t on ‘Pad Lady’ duty her passions are netball, spending time with her fiancée and two daughters and she has a Personal Training business.
Rochelle’s awards include:
Cosmopolitan magazine ‘Humanitarian of the Year’ 2016
Finalist / nominee – Australian of the Year Queensland 2017
Finalist – Telstra Business Woman of the Year 2017
2016 Telstra Queensland For Purpose and Social Enterprise Award Finalist
Aumumpreneur “Rising Star” 2017
The Lilley Australia Day Awards – The Ted Tremayne Memorial Trophy 2017
Brilliant Biz Mums “Best Community Minded Mum 2017
To enquire about booking Rochelle to speak at your corporate event, please complete our request form for Speaking Engagement. Rochelle can tailor her speech to the audience and the occasion and recent events she has spoken at include:
- Soroptimist International, Equality Rights Alliance IWD Talk, 6 March 2018
- International Womens’ Day – #PressforProgress – staff awareness event IWD Talk, 8 March 2018
- Brazillian Butterfly Conference, 19 March 2018 Melbourne
- Zonta CBA Event, 23 March 2018
- Domestic Violence Summit in both 2016 and 2017
- Women in agriculture conference 2017
- Girl Power Ladies Luncheon
- Women of Westpac
- Quota International Women’s Day Breakfast 2017
- Aspiring Women Leaders Summit 2017
- What’s on 4 Kids 2017
- Panel Member for Lifelines Community Awareness and Prevention 2017
- Launch of Australia Posts Free mail redirection service for Domestic Violence Victims in 2017